Thursday, April 10, 2008

When it rains, it Pours...

Well I woke up Monday morning to a car that would not start and I had to have it towed to the shop for repairs. Something like a fuel cell module (I never heard of such a thing) was out and needed to be replaced. I spent half the day at the shop and once it was fixed (and $400 later) I got in the car only to notice it was running a little sluggish. I flipped around back to the shop and the mechanic said the turbo charger was not engaging. However since this is part of the exhaust system he would need to look at the car when the engine was cool. I returned the car to the shop on Wednesday and much to my dismay the turbo seized and needs to be replaced, for a mere $1600.
Well we got over 100K out of the car with little service issues but when you own an import i guess you better be prepares to pay when stuff breaks down. The only good part is they do not have the turbo in stock, so I get a loaner car for a few days (free of charge). A 2008 Volvo v90 SUV. At least I can know what it feels like to drive a $60,000 car for a few days.

No comments: